Recent reports indicate that Acer are set to launch their new Acer Ultrabook as soon as September, in an attempt to challenge both ASUS’s new UX21 and the MacBook Air. Acer’s ultra slim notebook will be called the Aspire 3951, and will be released in just a single 13.3-inch Display model. Acer have gone for a very slim design with the Ultrabook, and at just 13mm thick it is thinner then the MacBook Air. At 1.4kg it does weigh a little more then the MacBook Air, but in the slimline notebook space it’s not all about weight.
Under the bonnet Acer have opted for Intel’s Sandy Bridge Core Processor, which should offer plenty of power. In the storage specifications Acer provide 3 options, with a 250GB or 500GB HD, or a 160GB SSD for the more savvy user.
Pricing is expected to range between $768 and $960, although this is speculative at the moment of writing the article. The Ultrabook space has lacked competition until now, and it will be interesting to see the impact to MacBook Air sales and pricing (if any) that this increased competition will bring.
- Acer Aspire Once AOD257 10.1″ Dual Core N570 Netbook Goes On Sale For $270
- Acer Reveals Stylish Laptop Acer Travelmate 8481 For £699
- Apple To Launch New Mac Pro And MacBook Air With OS X Lion This Week
- Acer Challenges Apple: Acer Iconia Tab A500 Is a Better Option Than The iPad
- Acer’s 7-Inch Honeycomb Tablet Acer Iconia Tab A100 Coming Early August For $300