The Acer Iconia Tab A500 was due to receive it’s scheduled update to Android 3.2 Honeycomb on the 25th of August. As frustrated A500 owners would already be aware, the update never materialized. We have not seen any official explanation from Acer in regards to the delayed update until now, and they have opted to make the announcement on the Acer Malaysia Facebook page. In a brief statement Acer announced that the update would now be rescheduled for the 10th of September.
Here is the official statement from Acer:
“Dear fans, we sincerely apologize for the delayed release of the 3.2 update for Acer Iconia Tab A500. We’ve just received news today that there have been some issues with the GPS settings therefore the 3.2 update will be rescheduled to 10th of September. We will update again if earlier, we hope to provide all our end users a stable and problem-free OS. Thanks for your continuous support and understanding.”
So it appears that the delay was due to issues with the GPS settings only, with nothing else being specifically mentioned. Let’s hope they manage to get the GPS bugs ironed out quickly and the update is able to be rolled out on time in September.
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb Update For Acer Iconia Tab A500 Leaked In China
- Acer Challenges Apple: Acer Iconia Tab A500 Is a Better Option Than The iPad
- Acer’s 7-Inch Honeycomb Tablet Acer Iconia Tab A100 Coming Early August For $300
- Acer Iconia A100 7-Inch Android 3.2 Honeycomb Tablet Now Available In U.S For $330, Hitting Canada Next Week
- Acer Introduces World’s First MeeGo Tablet The Iconia M500 Tablet