Just as we’ve written about a possible Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich release in October, leaked images of the OS has now started to spread around quickly on the Internet. It’s the well-known site RootzWiki that is claiming to be in possession of the new OS, and the two images below is said to be Ice Cream Sandwich running on a Nexus S phone. RootzWiki states that they got the OS through one of their sources, and that it’s an early build of the 4.0-version.
They continue to say that after they’ve tried it for a bit, they can conclude that the OS is at a “very early stage, and that it’s not 100% functional”. We’ve lately thought that Google could be stressing to get the OS released before October in order to make the earliest Android phone owners still use Android phones instead of possibly switching to iPhone (5). According to RootzWiki’s tests, it could seem like the October release is a bit further away than we could hope for.
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Features :
- It will have Blue Theme
- Google search bar embedded on very top like Android Honeycomb
- Gmail has been totally re-themed for new OS
- Apps/Widgets launcher similar to Android Honeycomb
- The little icon in the bottom right
- Camera has built in panorama mode
- Will launch with Google Shopper and NFC Enabled Smartphone will be able to utilize those features
- Google Nexus S will get first update
- Nexus Prime will be first smartphone
Well, it’s always interesting to check out possible features on the new OS either way! It seems like the 4.0-theme is blue, compared to the green theme found in their Gingerbread release, the camera seem to have a panorama function (cool!), and it’s reported several Honeycomb UI features, just like expected from the new Android OS.
- Specs For Google Nexus 4G Get Detailed: Android Ice Cream Sandwich And ‘Monster-Sized’ Screen
- Nexus Prime To Be Google’s First Ice Cream Sandwich Phone Packed With 1.5 GHz, Super AMOLED HD Display
- Google Nexus 3 Rumors, Android 3.4 Ice Cream Sandwich And Possible quad-core Processor
- Motorola Working On 10-inch Quad Core Android Ice Cream Sandwich Tablet
- Asus Eee Pad Transformer 2 With Tegra 3 And Ice Cream Sandwich Tipped For Oct/Nov Release Date