HTC Thunderbolt owners have been waiting to receive the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for a little while now, and it now seems that there is light at the end of the tunnel with the leaking today of the Gingerbread RUU 2.11.605.2 for the HTC Thunderbolt. HTC’s official position is that both the Incredible and the Thunderbolt will receive the official Gingerbread update before the end of September, and with the month almost over the official rollout should just be around the corner. Prior to this leak, there was a leak from Footbal at 2.07.605.1.
This leaked RUU has not been confirmed as being official by our source, so if you do decide to download and flash the update please remember to take appropriate precautions – and always back up everything first, as with any RUU this will wipe your phone completely. If you have any concerns about this update process you should probably just wait a little longer until the official update from HTC rolls out, likely to be in the next week.
For the bolder among you, here is the download link and the instructions. Remember you do this at your own risk:
1. Download this file . After download rename file name to PG05IMG.zip.
2. Drop the file onto the root of your SD card.
3. Power down your smartohone.
4. Hold Volume Down + Power to boot into the bootloader. (Quick boot from the market also works)
5. Your phone should recognize the file. Follow the on-screen instructions.
6. Once everything finishes, choose the option to reboot.
[Via Android Police]
- Another HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread 2.10.605.1 Build Leaked For Download
- Another HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread 2.11.605.0 Build Leaked For Download
- HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread Update Leaked For Download, Release Soon?
- DROID Incredible And HTC Thunderbolt To Get Official 2.3 Gingerbread Update In This September
- HTC Thunderbolt To Get Android 2.3 Gingerbread Update In Q3 2011