RIM released the BlackBerry Torch 9800 last year and it was a huge success. It hasn’t even been a year since its release, which was exclusively to the AT&T network. Several weeks ago, we heard that the BlackBerry Torch 9860 was going to US Cellular this year and now it seems as though there are leaked photos showing that the BlackBerry Torch is making its way to Verizon.
Rumors speculate that this version will be equipped with a 1.2 GHz CPU, 3.7-inch display screen that is said to be the highest quality resolution BlackBerry has seen, 5MP camera with LED flash as well as Wi-Fi.
According to even more rumors (as if there aren’t already enough!), the BlackBerry Torch 9850 is supposed to be the same model as the 9860 except it will be available for GSM carriers.
There have been rumors about a new product from RIM known as the BlackBerry Monaco, which is supposed to be a superphone so I doubt that the Torch 9860 being rumored right now is it. We’ll have to wait and see. We’ll also have to wait to hear of an official release date although speculation sets the launch sometime in August.
- BlackBerry 9810 Torch 2 Looks To Be Arriving On AT&T Stores Next Month
- First Press Shots For Both BlackBerry Touch/Volt and Torch 2 Leaked
- RIM BlackBerry OS 7 Brings A New Keyboard To The BlackBerry Torch 2
- BlackBerry Torch 2 9810 Arrives At The FCC; Heading To AT&T
- BlackBerry Torch 2 Previewed By GizmoDigit Ahead Of Official Announcement