So, we’ve seen a few of these BlackBerry phones already, but not all of those we expect to be announced today, or in a short matter of time. However, we’ve seen glimpses of the 9810 Torch 2, as well as the 9860 Touch/Volt in the past. We believe that these new press photos are just to hype us up even more before the eventual official announcement from RIM.
We also believe that multiple BlackBerry phones, including these, are to arrive at several different U.S. carriers. Some carriers have already signed contracts with RIM to get exclusive rights to some of them. The Torch and Storm 2 phones will be available only for AT&T and Verizon customers.
We do already know some specifications for the Torch 2; QWERTY slider keyboard, 1.2GHz CPU (quite fast!) as well as a VGA resolution. The Touch/Volt will most likely have a 3.7-inch WVGA display. The phones are expected for release in the middle of August, according to a leaked roadmap from Sprint we published yesterday.
Image Credit: PocketNow.com
- BlackBerry 9810 Torch 2 Looks To Be Arriving On AT&T Stores Next Month
- BlackBerry Torch 2 9810 Arrives At The FCC; Heading To AT&T
- BlackBerry Torch 2 Previewed By GizmoDigit Ahead Of Official Announcement
- RIM BlackBerry OS 7 Brings A New Keyboard To The BlackBerry Torch 2
- RIM Unveiling New BlackBerry OS 7 Device Today