One month ago Microsoft announced the Windows Phone ‘Mango’ update which included multiple new features. The most prominent updates being: multitasking, multiple email accounts facility, IE9 Mobile, Threads, Groups and voice-to-text/text-to-voice functionality. The WP7 Beta Mango update is already available for select testers, but the Beta made it’s way to the net via (an expected) leak.
Those daring enough to install the Windows Phone 7 Beta Mango update can download the required files (listed below) and give it a whirl.
- A WP7 running NoDo update.
- WP7 support tools (x64 or x86) to upgrade your phone.
- Download the hack from Windows Phone Hacker.
- Download a Mango-compatible Beta version of Zune from here.
- A Windows PC.
Installing the Hack:
Step : 1
Extract the updating tool to the root directory of the drive which Windows is installed on, but make sure that Zune is not running. Now install the updating tool (Update.bat) as an administrator, and wait until the installation is completed.
Step : 2
As soon as installation is completed Zune willl. Install the “Windows Phone 7 build 7401″ update that will be listed in the updates.
Step : 3
Now again check for the updates, and install the “Windows Phone 7 Mango build 7661″ update. By doing this, you successfully installed the Mango update.
Step : 4
At last install the compatible version of the Zune and install it.
Your Windows Phone 7 Beta Mango update is successfully installed! To go back to NoDo simply run the restore.bat after installing the NoDo compatible version of Zune.
- Microsoft Confirms Mango Update To Be Called As Windows Phone 7.5; Will Be Released In September
- Microsoft Announces Online Windows Phone Marketplace As Part of Mango Launch
- HTC Eternity Windows Phone 7 Mango Based Smartphone Images And Specs Leak Online
- Windows Phone 7 Mango Handsets To Be Manufactured By Acer, Fujitsu And ZTE
- Steve Ballmer To Preview Windows Phone 7.5 Mango With Over 500 New Features