Verizon Wireless has finally made the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update available for download to the users of Thunderbolt. This is almost 3 months after the promise was made, but we are glad it’s finally rolling out. The Android 2.3 Gingerbread update should arrive on devices before the end of September. Based on the information on Verizon’s support page, several new and better features are included in this update.
Basically, the update fixes some really important bugs like the data connectivity issue. Then, there will be an improvement in audio quality and SMS messaging. The Rosie launcher has been updated with better icons and colors also. The update also includes the newest version of Google Talk with video chatting feature and a new Google Books application.
Some other important changes you should expect include download manager and new power management apps. You also should expect to see a new home screen, new dock icons and widgets.
Since the updates is expected before September comes to an end, Thunderbolt users should expect the update anytime from this second. If you are in a hurry to get the update on your phone, go to Menu>Settings>Software Update. However, if you are a root user, make sure you update cautiously.
- HTC Thunderbolt To Get Android 2.3 Gingerbread Update In Q3 2011
- DROID Incredible And HTC Thunderbolt To Get Official 2.3 Gingerbread Update In This September
- HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread Update Leaked For Download, Release Soon?
- Another HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread RUU 2.11.605.2 Build Leaked For Download
- HTC Thunderbolt OTA Update 1.70.605.0 (Froyo) Released, Fixes Reboot Problem