Samsung’s final day one offering of IFA 2011 was the Series 7 Chronos Notebook PC . The innovative creation of the Series 7 Chronos Notebook PC not only boasts sleek design, but also delivers high-speed performance and via a powerful 2.2GHz Intel Core i7-2675QM processor. Samsung are launching the Series 7 in 3 different sizes – 13″, 14″, and 15″.
Samsung’s Series 7 utilizes SoundAlive, FastStart, QuickBoot and PowerPlus technologies. These technologies are exclusive to Samsung, and are outlined below.
SoundAlive ensures that audio playback matches the visual quality on screen. Fast Start technology will boot up the Series 7 notebook in 3 seconds from being in hybrid sleep mode. With a start-up in19 seconds to operating Windows 7 Professional, QuickBoot enables an efficient start for your PC needs.
Samsung Series 7 Chronos Specifications :
- Powered by a 2.2GHz Intel Core i7-2675QM processor
- Operating on Genuine Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
- SuperBright anti-reflective HD + LED display (1600 x 900) 300nit
- Up to 8GB of RAM
- AMD Radeon HD6750M Hybrid graphics
- Up to 750GB hard drive
- Dvd Drive- Super Multi Dual Layer
- 1.3 megapixel webcam
- 2 USB 3.0 ports, 1 USB 2.0 port
- 4-in-one multi card slot (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC)
- Bluetooth 3.0 technology
Samsung’s PowerPlus technonolgy ensures that up to 1500 charges, the Series 7 Chronos Notebook will still retain 80% of it’s original battery capacity. With 9 hours of battery life off a single charge you can certain to take this lightweight notebook out without the worry of your battery dying on you.
The release of Series 7 Chronos Notebook PC will bring some much needed fresh competition to the likes of the MacBook Air, as the ultrabook space has been dominated by Apple for far too long. A price or official release date has yet to be announced for the Samsung Series 7 Chronos Notebook PC, but the general consensus is for an October release. Since the IFA announcement some people have said that the S7 Chronos is too similar to Apple’s device, but when placed side by side they do look notably different, and we’d even go as far as saying that the Samsung is slightly more attractive. What do you think?
- IFA 2011: Samsung Announced Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Specs And Features
- IFA Berlin 2011 – Day 1 Overview
- IFA 2011: Samsung Reveals Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 3.6 Personal Media Player
- IFA Berlin 2011: Anticipated Smartphone Of IFA 2011
- IFA 2011: Samsung Unveiled Samsung Galaxy Note With 5.3-inch Super AMOLED Display And 1.4 GHz Dual-Core CPU