With LG still yet to make any official announcement regarding the release date of their upcoming new 4G Android smartphone, AT&T have today beaten them to the punch by announcing that they will launch the LG Thrill 4G on September 4th. The phone is also known as the LG Optimus 3D, but is known as the Thrill 4G under AT&T’s branding. LG have entered the glasses-free 3D screen space with the LG Thrill 4G, something that sets it well apart from other smartphones in the current market.
The glasses-free 3D screen is 4.3-inch and 400×800 resolution, and is powered by a TI OMAP 1GHz dual-core processor that delivers plenty of punch. What has really got people talking about the Thrill 4G is the very reasonable entry price that it has been granted, with AT&T offering it for $99 with a two year contract, and both Target and Radioshack advertising it on $79 plans. At these prices it is likely we will see a considerable uptake of these devices following the September 4th launch, as people interested in the 3D display start spending.
LG Thrill 4G Specs :
- 4.3 inches glasses-free 3D LCD Capacitive Touchscreen
- Android 2.2 Froyo OS (upgradable to Android 2.3 Gingerbread)
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 5 MP dual camera
- 16GB on board memory
- 1500 mAH Battery
- HSPA+ 4G connectivity
- Pre-loaded Let’s Golf 2, Asphalt 6, NOVA games.
Only time will tell if the hands-free 3D screen and the entry price are enough to create a buzz around the Thrill 4G, and we will definitely try and take one for a 3D test run in the near future. Do you think LG will succeed with this handset, considering most other high end devices launching soon are carrying 1.5GHz processors?
- LG Thrill 4G Available For Pre-Order On RadioShack; Release Date Leaked For August 7
- LG Thrill Pushed Forward It’s Release Date To August 21
- Nokia N9 Release Date Set For September 23rd
- Rumor: iPhone 5 Release Date Set For Second Week In September, iPad 3 Thanksgiving
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Bionic Looks Set For August 4 Release Date