Microsoft have demonstrated today at GameFest the ability to bridge Windows Phone 7 and the XBOX 360, through it’s yet to be released kids game Kinectimals. Using QR codes, gamers can transfer their animals from the XBOX 360 to their Windows Phone. This allows you to take your favorite little pet along wherever you go, where you can take pictures on the phone and add your animal to them.
The Kinectimals App on the phone also allows you to add accessories to your pet, and when you are ready to transfer back to the 360 it generates a new QR code which is then scanned by the Kinect sensor. Here is video which shows Windows Phone And XBOX 360 Interaction :
The possibilities for using the two devices together are endless, and we are certain to see a slew of other games and apps for the phone that encourage connectivity between the 360 and the Windows Phone device. Stay tuned for future updates on the topic, as more games are developed with this kind of functionality.
- Microsoft Offers Students A Free Xbox 360 Console With The Purchase Of A New Windows 7 Computer
- Xbox 360 To Support Free-To-Play Games Soon
- Microsoft’s E3 Keynote: New Xbox 360/Kinect Titles, Introduces Kinect Voice Recognition
- Microsoft Releases Windows Phone Home Server Connector For Windows Phone 7 OS Handsets
- Microsoft Releases Xbox Kinect For Windows SDK beta – ‘Be Part of the Movement’