The much anticipated Windows Phone 7.5 Mango update is finally being rolled out for Windows Phone 7 based phones. Most of these phones are expected to begin to get this update in the next 4 weeks. Luckily, the users of Samsung Focus v1.3, LG Quantum and HTC Surround are confirmed to be getting the Mango update in less than a month from now.
Unfortunately, a few other devices may not be getting the update now. For example, the Mango update for Focus v1.4 is still being tested and HD7S is being scheduled. To get the latest status of the global roll out check Where’s My Phone Update?
Another sad part is, there is no official information confirming when the Dell Venue Pro users will get the update. Similarly, there is no information as regards updates for the European version of Focus. If you are very curious, you can check the Mango roll-out schedule on Microsoft page.
What you should expect on your phone now is a message saying an update is available.
As soon as you get the Mango update, just connect to your laptop and set up the Zune Software for PC app and update the phone from Update Central. The users of Mac have a different page for that – Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac.
So, if you have received the Mango update, let us know in the comment box below.
- Microsoft Confirms Mango Update To Be Called As Windows Phone 7.5; Will Be Released In September
- Microsoft Windows Phone 7 Mango Update Coming On September 1st
- Guide : Install Windows Phone 7 Mango Beta Update On Any Windows Phone 7 Smartphone
- HTC HD2 To Get Unofficial Fully Working Windows Phone 7 Mango With Marketplace
- Microsoft Details SkyDrive Integration With Windows Phone Mango