With Microsoft’s BUILD conference being held at Anaheim, California from September 13-16, the first day of the event already unveiled something amazing, even unimaginable. A Samsung Tablet showed Windows 8 as the newest operating system of use. It was absolutely lucky for all attending developers get to have a copy of both the device and the OS. Talk about a perfect way of starting a 3-day developer, hardware, software, and security conference. As this is developer hardware, the device may not have any warranties in case it crashes while testing scripts and codes alike.
Despite of the prototype claim on the tablet, the specs, details, and other components are quite impressive to play at. Imagine 11.6 inches of Windows 8 goodness, operated on a full touch screen display at 1366×768 pixels. It runs on an Intel Core i5-2467M 1.6GHz dual-core processor, and will be bolstered by a 4GB RAM. It also comes with a 64GB SSD storage, and can connect to 3G Mobile Broadband networks and WiFi connection.
Samsung Windows 8 Tablet Specs :
- 11.6″ touch-screen display with 1,366 x 768 resolution
- Windows 8 OS
- 12.9mm thickness
- 900 Grams weight
- Intel Core i5-2467M 1.6GHz dual-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB SSD drive
- 3G mobile broadband and Wi-Fi connectivity.
If the included memory is not enough, then you can expand it with a 32GB MicroSD card. While the device is fully loaded, it is stunning that the tablet is just 12.9mm thick and weighs less than 1 kg.
- Rumor: Microsoft Launching Its Own Windows 8 Tablet In 2012
- Rumor: Microsoft Windows 8 To Release in the Fall of 2012
- Crash Course: First Official Details Of Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Releases Windows Phone Home Server Connector For Windows Phone 7 OS Handsets
- Rumor: Windows 8 Preview Build May Arrive Next Week At WPC 2011