In some exciting news for Android Tablet owners, Mozilla have recently announced via the Mozilla Blog that Mozilla Firefox is now available to run on Android Honeycomb tablet devices. Up until now Firefox for Android was only available to run on Android smartphones, and judging by the popularity of the browser amongst the Android smartphone and wider communities, the tablet adaption of Mozilla’s popular open source browser will be widely taken up by Android tablet owners.
The people over at Mozilla Labs have really made us of the larger screen size through some added UI enhancements and tweaks, and we are pleased to announce that the tabbed browsing feature operates brilliantly in both portrait and landscape modes.
At this stage Mozilla have not released a beta version of the tablet friendly Firefox version, and are also yet to confirm a release date. The fact that they have brought it to light now probably means it is close to a beta release, and you will be the first to know once we at Gizmo Digit hear even the slightest rumor of a release.
What is your current best Android browser, and will you take Firefox for a spin once released?
- Mozilla Unveils Firefox 5 Browser For Windows: Features And Overview
- Firefox Mobile Beta For Android Updated, Receives ‘Do Not Track’ Feature
- Firefox 6 Beta For Android Devices Now Available On Android Market With Enhances Security
- Kaspersky Lab Unveils Kaspersky Tablet Security Apps For Android Honeycomb Tablets
- Top 10 Best Honeycomb Apps For Your Android Honeycomb Tablets