The first Samsung smartphone to run Windows Phone 7.5 Mango has just been announced. The classy smartphone called, Samsung Omnia W, is expected to be really cool with some interesting features. Since the Omnia W will be running the latest operating system, Mango, you would have some ready made expectations.
The first things that come to mind are the new Microsoft apps like the Phone People Hub integrated with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Windows Live. Then, we can talk about the Picture Hub, Music (powered by Zune) and Video Hub and the Game Hub.
Moreover, the Omnia W smartphone is expected to come out with a VGA quality front-facing camera and a 5MP rear-facing camera which have autofocus and LED flash. Other important features to be expected are Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1, 3.5mm headphone jack, GPS, 1500 mAh battery and the other regular smartphone features The hardware features you should expect are:
Samsung Omnia W Specs :
- 3.7-inch (800 x 480) WVGA Super AMOLED display
- 1.4 GHz processor
- 512MB RAM
- 8GB onboard storage
- 115.97 x 58.8 x 10.9 mm in dimension
- 115.3g in weight
However, this is no official launching date or price from Samsung yet. The currently available information shows that Samsung intends to sell the device in Italy, Europe, CIS, Latin America, Africa, South East and South West Asia, but no information about a U.S release has been revealed.
Update: Samsung Omnia W will be available in Netherlands for €449 and Sweden for €369 in November.
- Toshiba-Fujitsu Announces IS12T;World’s First Windows Phone 7.5 Mango Smartphone
- Samsung Planning Windows Phone 7 Mango Version Of Samsung Galaxy S2
- Microsoft Announces Online Windows Phone Marketplace As Part of Mango Launch
- Guide : Install Windows Phone 7 Mango Beta Update On Any Windows Phone 7 Smartphone
- Microsoft Details SkyDrive Integration With Windows Phone Mango