With the popularity of the many Tablets on the market today, it is no wonder Samsung is releasing its Galaxy 8.9 right behind the Samsung Galaxy 10.1. Although the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is already gaining in popularity, the upcoming Galaxy 8.9 may offer some benefits the larger version does not offer, depending on individual preferences.
The not yet released Galaxy 8.9 weighs slightly less than a pound with a thickness of just 9 millimeters. It is a light and very compact tablet that may be Samsung’s answer to the iPad 2.
Although it is trim and light in appearance, it offers some power inside. With a powerful 1 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB of RAM it runs the Android 3 Honeycomb operating system. It comes with Bluetooth 3.0 and a front facing 3-mega pixels and a rear facing 2-mega pixel cameras. It has the obvious screen size of 8.9-inches. When Samsung spoke of the impending availability of the 10.1 Tablet in the U.K., set to happen on August 4th, it did make mention of the 8.9. It was supposed to be ready for release later in the year.
Samsung Galaxy TAB 8.9 Spec :
- 8.9 TFT Capacitive Touch Screen
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb operating system
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 3 MP Front Facing Camera
- 2 MP Rear Facing Camera
The listing on Amazon in the U.K. reports that the Amazon 8.9 will be in stock starting August 12th and it is available for pre-order. The current rumored price £600 seems a little high but once the tablet becomes available and shipments begin we will know an actual price.
This Samsung 10.1 is just now getting into the stores and if the 8.9 quickly follows with a round of success we may see the 8.9 come into it own. With most things being the same, this writer is interested in a closer look of the Galaxy Tab 8.9. It just might be my style. Let us know what you think.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 Set To Debut In The US Market Sometime In August
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 To Get TouchWiz UX Update On August 5th
- Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab Gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread On July 5th, Kernel Source Code Released
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Shipping With Updated Android 3.1 Honeycomb
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1: First Look Review Of Android 3.1 Honeycomb Tablet