Those who keep complaining about the lack of games on the newly-released Sony Ericsson Xperia Play will soon have twenty less reasons to complain. Sony has announced that it will soon demo more than 20 new games to be released exclusively for the Xperia Play at the E3 Expo starting June 7.
The list includes several great titles from renowned developers such as Electronic Arts, Gameloft, Polarbit, Majong, Handygames and Connect2Media among others. Minecraft, which was earlier demoed on the Xperia Play, also made the list of Android games to soon-come to the Xperia Play. Other Android games will be released exclusively for the Play include Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Shadow of the Vanguard, Armageddon Squadron 2 and Ruined.
There are also plenty of new titles that will make their way to the Play. Including D.A.R.K., Samurai II, Pocket Legends and other titles. The exclusive titles on the Xperia Play are sure to make many Android users a envious.
The Xperia Play, while similar to the failed Nokia N-Gage experiment, is looking to take the market by storm. It has already become a hot favorite for users who prefer to play their favorite old classics via emulators because of its dedicated gaming “pad”. It also has the capability to play PlayStation 1 games, making it an even more popular device for die-hard game vets.
We have the complete list of games below :
New Android Games Exclusive on Xperia™ PLAY:
- Minecraft™ by Mojang
- Battlefield Bad Company 2 by Electronic Arts
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Shadow Vanguard by Gameloft
- Desert Winds by Southend Interactive
- Ruined by Bigpoint
- Icebreaker™ by NaturalMotion
- Sleepy Jack by SilverTree Media
- Cracking Sands by Polarbit
- Armageddon Squadron 2 by Polarbit
- An unnamed fighting game from Khaeon Gamestudio
New Games coming soon on Xperia™ PLAY:
- Pocket Legends by Spacetime Studios
- Star Legends: The Black Star Chronicles by Spacetime Studios
- Eternal Legacy by Gameloft
- Guns ’n’Glory 2 by HandyGames
- Dungeon Hunter 2 by Gameloft
- Pocket RPG by Crescent Moon Games
- D.A.R.K. developed by Gamelab
- Samurai II: Vengeance by MADFINGER Games
- Vendetta Online by Guild Software
- Order & Chaos – Gameloft
- Happy Vikings by Handy Games
- A Ball Game by Trendy Entertainment
- Lumines by Connect2Media
Speaking of which, GizmoDigit will be the place for E3 2011 news! Keep a close eye on GD June 7 – 9!
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Finally Available At O2 UK, But Gamers Suffer Sticker Shock
- Sony Xperia Play Coming To Verizon May 26th For $200 On-Contract
- Sony PlayStation Portable Remaster Series Allows You To Play Your Favorite PSP Games On the Big Screen
- Sony To Offer Selected Free Games To Playstation User
- Sony Ericsson Canadian Store Hacked And 2000 Customers Affected By Hack