Gizmo Digit are pleased to inform you today that Toshiba have announced the new Thrive 7-Inch Android tablet, a smaller and slimmer version of it’s big brother, the 10-inch Toshiba Thrive. Toshiba have listened to the demand in the market for more portable tablets, and the Thrive 7-inch definitely delivers in this department.
Not only is the Toshiba Thrive 7″ slim and attractive, it also packs quite a punch for a smaller sized tablet. Toshiba have confirmed that the Thrive 7″ will be powered by a dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 CPU with 1GB of RAM, which will offer plenty of power and should result in smooth performance for the Android 3.2 Honeycomb operating system. The Toshiba Thrive 7″ will be available in two different versions, one with 16GB and the other with 32GB of internal memory.
Toshiba Thrive 7-Inch Android Honeycomb Tablet Specs :
- 7-inch LED backlit Adaptive Touch Screen
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb OS
- Nvidia Tegra 2 Dual-Core Processor
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB/ 32GB Internal Memory Storage
- 5MP rear facing camera with LED Flash
- 2MP front facing camera
- IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
- 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- Bluetooth v2.1 with EDR Stereo
Both versions of the Thrive 7″ will feature a 1280 x 800p Autobrite LED display which promises to deliver a superb viewing experience, and also include a 5MP rear camera with LED flash, and front facing 2MP camera for video chat. This attractive new offering from Toshiba measures in at just .47″ (11.9mm) thick, and weighs only .88 lbs (399.1 grams) – making it super lightweight, super slim, and very powerful at the same time.
The inclusion of standard USB, microHDMI and microSD ports gives you plenty of choice for your connections, with the only possible complaint being the non-removable battery. In the end it all comes down to portability, so the sacrifice of the non-removable battery is a small one to make when you look at the overall package that Toshiba have put together with the Thrive 7″ tablet.
Whilst an exact launch date has yet to be announced, Toshiba have confirmed that the 7-Inch Thrive will be available in mid-November. Stay tuned for further details as they come to hand, and enjoy the pictures that we’ve sourced for you. If you’d like further information in the Toshiba Thrive 7″, head over to the official page at Toshiba.com.
- Toshiba Thrive 10.1-Inch Android Honeycomb Tablet Makes It’s Debut With Many Bug Reports
- Toshiba’s 10.1 inch Honeycomb 3.1 Tablet Toshiba Thrive GoesUp For Pre-order
- Toshiba Announces 10.1″ Android 3.1 Tablet Toshiba Thrive With The Power Of NVIDIA Tegra 2
- Toshiba Thrive OTA Update Available Before It’s Official Release
- Toshiba Thrive Tablet Appears Online, But Disappears Moments Later