ZTE has finally joined the Windows Phone devices. Their debut Windows Phone device, ZTE Tania, was unveiled recently at China International Postal and Telecommunications Exhibition, 2011. The ZTE Tania is expected to come with very modest specs of 4.3″ display, single core 1GHz processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB onboard storage and 5MP rear camera. Also from every indication, it will be running the latest Windows operating system, Windows Phone 7.5 Mango.
However, the 4GB onboard storage is still a matter of serious concern unless Microsoft has changed their policy on the smallest amount of memory required for WP 7 devices i.e 8GB. Sources from ZTE claim that this may not be the final specs since the Tania has not been officially launched. That means, there is a possibility of increasing the onboard storage size.
ZTE Tania Specs :
- 4.3-Inch display
- Windows Phone 7.0 Mango OS
- 1GHz Single-Core processor
- 512MB Ram
- 4GB Onboard storage
- 5MP Rear Camera
Moreover, rumors have it that the name Tania may have been gotten from Titania, which is a moon on the planet Uranus. There is a huge possibility that this is true going back the history lane in ZTE. For example, the names of Libra and Tureis Android phones were inspired by the space.
So far, there is no information on the price of the phone or when it will be launched.
- Windows Phone 7 Mango Handsets To Be Manufactured By Acer, Fujitsu And ZTE
- Guide : Install Windows Phone 7 Mango Beta Update On Any Windows Phone 7 Smartphone
- Toshiba-Fujitsu Announces IS12T;World’s First Windows Phone 7.5 Mango Smartphone
- Samsung Announces Samsung Omnia W With Windows Phone Mango OS And 1.4GHz Processor
- Microsoft Reveals The Samsung, Fujitsu, Acer And ZTE Mango Phones At WPC 2011